Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The CEO and the Fungus Farm

It is a sad day here at The Corporation. I just heard that (sniff!) my company's CEO has lost a major fight. The fight was to keep the ants in his ant farm alive. The farm remains, but the tunnels are empty.
An Ant Farm
The Ant Farm: Then

tumbleweeds, tumbleweeds. . .
The Ant Farm: Now

Last June, I posted a tongue-in-cheek piece entitled, "The CEO and the Ant Farm," where I compared the running of the ant farm, perhaps, to the running of the corporation. I'm not a big believer in omens, but word just filtered down from those that have long meetings and take even longer lunches that bonuses will not be very good this year. The company is not performing as expected. (Dum-Da-Dum!)

We'll see what happens. I do believe in the circle of life though, and maintain my optimism that life and rebirth can spring from death. Why, just take a closer look at the ant farm for example:
The Fungus Farm
The Fungus Farm. Yuck.

Sick and inspirational, just the way I like it. But for Christ's sake: Dear CEO, take that see-through ant-coffin off of your desk already. It was once an interesting conversation piece. Now, it's a white, oozing, syphilitic elephant in the room.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You better hope that PETA doesn't hear about this. PETA's ongoing effort to raise animal rights to the status of humans could someday get your CEO and company brought up on charges. Similar to Auschwitz. . .

12:45 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

WOW....life hands us rich analogies, doesn't it?

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Ant said...

Where did you find those Ant Farm photographs/photos. from?

11:07 AM  
Blogger Rant-N-Roll said...

Hey Ant,

Sorry, but I don't update nor check this blog much anymore.

I took those pictures myself, and they were of the real ant farm on the form CEO of my former company's desk.

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home