Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Jessie Jackson Protests Lack of Diversity in One Man, Home Operated Business

Jessie Jackson and other Rainbow-Push coalition supporters are protesting the lack of diversity represented by a small business run out of a suburban Chicago home. The business, “Ed’s Editorial Services," which is independently run and operated by Edward Dolph out of his Mokena, Illinois home, has been besieged by marching and chanting protestors for over a week.

“I’m just a one person at-home business,” said Mr. Dolph. “I provide proofreading and editorial services on a small scale, and I have no need for another employee.” Jessie Jackson, in his latest grassroots campaign to root out unfair racial hiring practices in all workplaces has vowed to protest outside of Dolph’s home until reparations to the “home-based diversity disparity” are made. Jackson said, “It matters not that this is an at-home business. It is still a business that is severely lacking in proper racial balance. African Americans comprise eleven percent of the population in America, and his company falls way below even that figure in it’s hiring of minorities.”

“You want to talk about unfair? I quit my job with a big publishing company to pursue my dream of starting my own business. Now, my wife is shouldering the work load because no one wants the services of ‘a racist’ like me. She [Dolph’s Wife] can’t even pull out of the driveway to go to her job without going through a gauntlet of protestors."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home