Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Ticket A Dirty Hippie

The Earth on Empty organization has taken it upon their lofty and idealistic shoulders to start ticketing Sport Utility Vehicles because they "have a huge impact on all of us, whether we're trying to cross the street, cycle safely to work, or make effective environmental policy." A PDF version of this ticket is available online for all to download, print and distribute. Looking very much like a typical parking ticket, these tickets certainly get the vehicle owner's attention. The difference between Earth On Empty's ticket and a real ticket is of course the actual infractions listed, the major one being that you're driving a gas-guzzling SUV. The front of the faux ticket has a long, preachy message to the "offender," and the back is chock-full of negative SUV statistics.

Aside from touching someone else's personal property, I really have no major complaints or qualms with a group expressing their opinions. Sure they're a bit nutty and ideologically backwards, but in many ways I say, "go for it, hippie!" On the other hand, even though I do not own an SUV, I have to admit that I'm not too sure of how calmly I would react if I saw these people papering my vehicle with violation tickets.

Regardless, in the spirit of "free expression," and equal time which so many of these groups claim to support, I've recreated their SUV ticket. Instead of ticketing SUV's this ticket can and should be used to ticket Dirty Hippies.


Ideally, this ticket should be given to someone while they are in the act of ticketing someone's SUV. Another useful use is when your pedestrian route takes you past a protest rally, and you just can't stand that putrid, dirty hippie smell. My Dirty Hippie Violation Tickets are available in PDF form for all to download, print and distribute. These might just be good for a laugh around the office too. (For even more laughs, I highly encourage you to compare my Dirty Hippie Ticket to Earth On Empty's.)

Have fun, but don't be an ass. And please note: I accept no liability of any kind for anything good or bad that might result from your use of these tickets.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mona said...

So do you tape it to the hippies, or use earth-friendly staples?

Okay, I'm with you on this one. I'm all for freedom of expression, but getting a ticket on my vehicle might be a little too much in my space.

Thank you for taking a stand.

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You actually don't need to tape it to the hippies. They come supplied with their own sticky goop that the ticket can be applied to.

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home