Friday, June 10, 2005

For ChicagoBloggers.com

I just submitted my blog to Chicagobloggers.com. They say on their submission form,
"We'll visit your site to make sure there's a connection to the Chicago area, and then add it in. If your Chicago connection isn't apparent from your blog, we'll just send you an email asking you to clarify."
Though I've mentioned Chicago in some form in many of my entries, I thought I'd save the person checking for a Chicago connection some time with this entry. I don't want to risk alienating the worldwide audience that this blog has achieved. So for just this one time, for you, the administrative guy or gal over there at Chicagobloggers.com, I now make my Chicago connection readily apparent:

The McDonald's Fat Signal
The beautiful skyline with a Chicago twist


An honest portrayal of our Mayor


Local and national treasure Jesse Jackson gobbling on a big fat cock.

There. I think that should satisfy my Chicago connection. If these pictures weren't enough, let me be even more in-jokey to the chargrin of my non-Chicago readers:
  • "Trixies" and "Chads" live in Lincoln Park
  • I once wanderd into (onto?) Lower Wacker Drive while smashed out of my gourd and tripped over a bum trying to find my way out. He called me "Honkey Imperialist Shit Stain."
  • Chicago earned its "Windy City" moniker from our loudmouthed, corrupt politicians and not from our geographical location along the jet stream as is popularly believed.
  • I know the stop on the Red Line where all the white people get off and the black people get on and vice-versa.
  • Nothing beats that wonderful Chocolate smell that wafts through downtown from the Blommers chocolate factory.
I know this post is narrow in scope compared to the universal truths that this Chicago native consistently tackles. The person checking this blog to ensure it's Chicagoworthiness is probably a transplant from Michigan who has three years or less of "Chicago" under his or her belt. If not, then I humbly apologize to this person and give him or her a big kudo for bucking the trend that I see in this town. If this person also doesn't hang out at Filter Coffeehouse in Wicker Park and didn't write a "Save the Double Door!" blog entry of their own in the past week, then I'm fucking impresed and actually a bit misty-eyed.

I do apologize to my regular readers for this temporary neglect. To Zaghawa from Nigeria: I am still working on your problem, and I'll have my bank account information e-mailed to you shortly. To the Dick List Administrator: Mayor Daley is Chicago's George Soros. To Mikko from Finland, the answer is a resounding "Yes," I still think your country should be destroyed because it would just make me happy for personal reasons that I cannot disclose openly.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mona said...

I can hardly WAIT to put Chicago on my list of places to visit. Thank you for the shock value and the giggle :)

6:57 AM  
Blogger Rant-N-Roll said...

You're welcome, Mona. Actually Chicago is a wonderful city. There's just certain things here that take some getting used to. I'm cursed with idealism and don't want to accept the corrupt politicians, etc., etc. I need to read more of your blog for coping strategies. Chicago is going through some growing pains right now, but what can 'ya do? The fifth item in my list about the chocolate is actually one of the good things, but I realize that it sounds sarcastic following the previous items.

11:21 AM  
Blogger kender said...

I found the best hotdogs on the planet in the streets of chicago while working at Arlington Park....love that town....was invited for the taste of chi-town gig...no time for it.....great blog....rant on, verbal soldier.

2:58 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I have always wanted to go to Chicago. My father was raised there and it seems that every place he goes to has some paralell to chicago. Brooklyn- "oh the Italian neighborhoods- just like Chicago" Queens "oh yeah all the restaurants- just like Chicago".. lol. Would love to visit one day. And your pics of the Mayor and Jesse Jackson made me launch my iced coffee!!

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home