Saturday, April 30, 2005

Anal Pounding Averted

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy was the first movie I had to go see on its opening night since the original Batman came out. That tells you, generally, how important movie premieres are to me and thus how important this movie was to me as well.



I have good news to report about the movie: It wasn't an anal pounding (see "Hitchhiker's Fear" for an explanation of my fearful rating scale.) It wasn't a valedictorian speech either, but closer to this scenario than the mediocre, predictable life.

The movie was Hollywoodized a bit. I didn't particularly care for the expansion of Trillian as a full-blown love interest for Arthur, and the somewhat boring trip to the planet Vogsphere to save her, but overall I was more than happy with this movie.

I don't think Douglas Adams is spinning in his grave, but only rocking back and forth a bit.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on golf slice instruction I somehow ended up on your page. As your described site is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I stopped by. Oh well, back to surfing and I am sure I will find what I am looking for, and should you ever need information about golf slice instruction, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.

5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home